[Prism54-devel] main prism54 PCI driver question

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 16 16:12:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 04:25:09PM +0100, Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 March 2005 16:08, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > You have a point, it seems it would just waste a bit of memory as is
> > though. We can try attribute ((packed)). I have no cardbus card to test
> > yet though.
>
> Maybe needless to say, but I'd be happy to test (although the IRQ line too
> busy issue may render the results unusable (I've problems with 2 different
> cards on different hardware / notebooks.) Also, I'd rather not annoy the
> developers with an issue 3Com needs to fix, so please say so if I do :-)
>
> Anyway, if I can help the project, I'd be happy to do so.
>
> I have a
> 0000:07:00.0 Network controller: 3Com Corporation 3com 3CRWE154G72 [Office
> Connect Wireless LAN Adapter] (rev 01)
> inserted in the PCMCIA slot and used via yenta_socket.
>
> The patch JB sent to me two days ago is the same I suppose? It oopsed for me
> frequently when removing either card or driver, I'm not sure what caused
> this, though.
>
> Can I help?

Have you ever had this card work before with the driver? It just may be
a new revision which means its a SoftMAC card and is not supported by
this driver. Jean is working on the next driver which will hopefully
support it.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E