[Prism54-devel] Version 2 USB devices support

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 15 16:24:29 UTC 2005

Dear list,

Thanks to the formidable input and effort of Olivier Garet who was able
to test my patches very quickly on his Sagem XG703A stick, we now have
preliminary support for version 2 devices in the arch repo. I'm now
focusing on a new queuing mechanism for usb, more similar to what is
found for PCI devices, thus allowing

1/ easier merging into the PCI driver for softmac support

2/ more reliable working of the madwifi layer (getting rid of the bottom
half hell, the layer is intended to be used in non-interruptible
context) (i know, i know, libieee80211 ! )

3/ higher throughput (not really a concern for now... )

Stay tuned !

PS: once this queuing mechanism works, we should have a somewhat reliable
driver and not-so-braindead architecture, and I'll put all of this into
the SVN repo.

PPS: Sebastien, can you make sure the current driver kind of works with
your version 2 stick ? -- it should go up to mgmt readback, beyond what
it interferes with the transmit queue reorganization... At least the MAC
should be okay. Work is needed for the frequency change packets, which
differ somewhat, but this is easy enough.

JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38