[Prism54-devel] USB driver now usable

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 5 15:05:03 UTC 2005

Dear list, Sebastien, Feyd,

The usb driver is starting to be usable. It sustends two simultanneous
ping floods on the wireless link, ssh both ways... I'm not sending this
mail through it, to be honest, but that's because i'm lazy.

For down-to-earth goodness, Sebastien asked what logs i needed, here you
go :

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/TaskList.html

Additionally, i'll bother the list with some particular protocol
riddles :

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/DataSent.html#unknownfields

Feyd, can you have a look ? -- if you fund this too confusing, don't
waste time and tell me, i'll try and be clearer.

There are still many other issues to solve. In particular, we receive on
channel 9, for instance, packets from channel 11. This is expected
because of overlapping, and no problem now because the madwifi layer
filters them out, but i'd really like to filter them out befor madwifi
does. Does the prism54 driver has the same problem ?  How do they filter
out such packets ? -- more generally, maybe it's time to look at the
main prism54 driver to find similarities, and try and go for a PCI
version of the driver.

Happy testing.

PS: this is tested on x86, not on ppc yet, sorry, but it *should* work...

--
Jean-Baptiste Note
+33 (0)6 83 03 42 38
jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr