[Prism54-devel] Re: Prism54 patches for WDS support

Joerg Dorchain joerg at dorchain.net
Sun Jun 12 12:06:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 11:57:34PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:

> Here's the latest patch against latest (or not, depending on whether
> there has been updates to it...) svn :
>
> http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patch-combined-2005-06-06.patch
> The list of patches applied is here :
> http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patch-applied-2005-06-06.list
> the broken-out patches there :
> http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54/patches/
>

> This patch fixes hopefully properly wds support. Many much needed fixes
> in isl_wds.c, a fix in the device protocol logic in isl_ioctl.c.

Basic WDS now works for me. I am able to ping between an ismc2802 with this
driver, an smc2870 AP in repeater mode, and a third station. I will try
performance tests later.
The commands were:
iwpriv eth2 setwds 1
ifconfig eth2 up
iwconfig eth2 mode master
iwconfig eth2 channel 7 (the same as the other AP)
iwconfig eth2 essid test (the same as the other AP)
iwpriv eth2 wdsadd xx:.... (mac of the other AP)
brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth2_0
brctl addif br0 eth2
ifconfig br0 192.168.1.1

Is this the proper sequence? Or do I have a conceptual misunderstanding?

Every few seconds there is a messages showing up in the logs: Ioctls for
WDS devices are NOT supported in this driver, which is quite annoying,
but does not seem to cause ill effects.

Bye,

Joerg