[Prism54-devel] prism54-usb testers needed !

Joerg Dorchain joerg at dorchain.net
Tue Jan 18 08:17:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 12:44:22AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:

> It compiles cleanly on 2.4 and 2.6. I haven't tested it yet, because i
> don't have the device i need to test it (recent wg111). Joerg, can you
> remember the Serial numbers or something that i could see on the device
> you had in hand, so that i could buy one being sure it's a
> "second-generation" ?

No, aprat from the mac-address, there was no such thing. It was a
Netgear WG111 (small usb dongle) as they are currently on every shop
around.

If I finally get my christmas money, maybe I at ll get one for own use.

> Alternatively, if some Paris-living user of the wanadoo LiveBox could
> lend me his XG703A...  -- i can buy another dongle in exchange, but i
> don't want to spend my money on something i'm not sure is the thing i
> need :)

Well, the big discounters here allow returning hardware within 14 days
without giving reasons. If they ask, just tell them it does not work
with linux ;-)

Bye,

Joerg