[Prism54-devel] Regarding Channel ...

durga prasad durga_bathina at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 28 07:50:00 UTC 2004

Hi friends ,

I am implementing a WLAN Sniffer for the following configuration.

Netgear WG511 with Prism chipset 3880 and am using prism54 driver.
I didn't get more information about private IOCTL's for getting required information directly from firmware , which is not present in packet .

Now here my problem is getting channel number.

I am setting the card using " iwconfig eth0 mode monitor ".
I am capturing packets and analysing them but it doesn't contain channel.

so i request you please answer to these questions :

1.Can I get the channel information for each packet or we have fix the channel first and start scanning.

2.Is it possible to scan in different channels , changing from one channel to another.

so please give me a clear explanation about these two questions.

Thanking you,

Durga