[Prism54-devel] SMC2835W

Mathias Bertelsen mathiasb at email.dk
Thu Nov 25 08:12:46 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 00:21, Jkx at Home wrote:
> On 11/23/2004, "Joerg Dorchain" <joerg at dorchain.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 09:45:52AM +0100, Mathias Bertelsen wrote:
> >> Also look at this thread:
> >>
> >> http://prism54.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1033&highlight=
> >>
> >> My SMC2835W works when i remove the lines margit mentions.
>
> I tested this patch, and it doesn't work. On the latest-cvs.tgz, and in
> the 1.2 release.
> With the 1.2 release, i simply have a kernel stack :)
>
> So could some one explain, why the bug is close since it doesn't seems
> to works ?
> tested w/ the 1.0.3 and .4 firmware with quite the same result.
>

> On the same notebook, I usually use a NetGearWG511 without trouble ..
>
> Why this should be fixed w/ 2.6.10 release ? is it a kernel issue ? does
> my card works ? ..

I closed the bug, as it was me who opened it in the first place, and according
to Margit (see the forum thread i posted) it is a problem with my setup or
something, and not with the prism54 driver and therefore invalid.
Whether this is true or not, and i closed the bug too early, i don't know. I
have trouble arguing with someone about if it is a problem with my setup or
not as this is the only card i have and i can't test if other cards work
better.
Maybe you should write to the forum instead and ask them to reopen the bug as
it seems there is more activity going on there than in the bugzilla (which,
to me, doesn't seem to be used at all)

Also, try cvs-snapshot 20041104. That's the one i use (with the lines
mentioned earlier removed).

Hope it helps.

--
Mvh.