[Prism54-devel] SMC2835W

Jkx at Home Jkx at Home
Wed Nov 24 23:21:34 UTC 2004

On 11/23/2004, "Joerg Dorchain" <joerg at dorchain.net> wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 09:45:52AM +0100, Mathias Bertelsen wrote:
>>
>> Also look at this thread:
>>
>> http://prism54.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1033&highlight=
>>
>> My SMC2835W works when i remove the lines margit mentions.
>
>Mine does not. All I get is (with different oid numbers):

>eth1: no PIMFOR header found
>eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
>eth1: mgt_commit_list: failure. oid=ff020003 err=-110
>eth1: no PIMFOR header found
>eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
>eth1: mgt_update_addr: failure

I tested this patch, and it doesn't work. On the latest-cvs.tgz, and in
the 1.2 release.
With the 1.2 release, i simply have a kernel stack :)

So could some one explain, why the bug is close since it doesn't seems
to works ?
tested w/ the 1.0.3 and .4 firmware with quite the same result.

On the same notebook, I usually use a NetGearWG511 without trouble ..

Why this should be fixed w/ 2.6.10 release ? is it a kernel issue ? does
my card works ? ..

Thanks for any help.