[Prism54-devel] Conexant cards for microcontrollers?

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 11 07:03:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:24:57 -0800
Pieter Kapsenberg <pieter.kapsenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> - If it's Frisbee, can I use my document I got from Conexant?

Likely.

> - Are Frisbee cards always FullMAC?

Yes, IIRC.

> - If not, what cards are based on FullMac Frisbee?

See an earlier thread about working card and FCC IDs.

Yes, see http://prism54.org/firmware/

> - What is the difference between FullMAC & SoftMAC?

The FullMAC firmware handles the 802.11 management (both AP and STA),
the SoftMAC probably only receives and transmits packets.
There are cards that work with our FullMAC driver and their Widows
driver uses SoftMAC firmware (a 3com, IIRC), so I guess the SoftMAC
only chips are striped somehow, the main difference is probably the
RAM size (~90Kb FullMAC, ~30Kb SoftMAC firmware) may be they also
have a weaker CPU. The firmwares are bundled with the Windows drivers,
the FullMAC usualy in a separate file, the SoftMAC in a .sys.

Feyd