[Prism54-devel] Netgear WG511

Benoit Panizzon panizzon at woody.ch
Tue Nov 9 09:42:39 UTC 2004

> I have the same problem. Looking in the prism54 forum it turned out that we
> are not the only ones. Concerning workarounds I was proposed to try
> ndiswrapper which allows you to use Windows driver binaries to get the card
> working on Linux. It did not work for me as well. If you figure something
> out, please let us know.

I think I was about the first to notice the problem with chinese WG511 cards.

I got mine working with ndiswrapper under Kernel 2.6.8.1 and Debian 'sarge'
and the XP Drivers I downloaded from the Netgear Website. (It was a hell to
unpack those Windows Archives)
Unfortunately without such goodies as the monitor mode. So no Wardriving
guys...

-Benoit-