[Prism54-devel] Netgear WG511

Carl Myers cmyers at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 9 09:12:27 UTC 2004

Greetings all,

I recently purchased a Netgear WG511 card online, hoping to replace my
broadcom chipset with one that has native linux driver support.  Alas,
it was impossible to tell from the order page, and I didn't even know
there were versions which the driver support doesn't work on (namely,
the newer v3.0 "made-in-china" ones).

I am writing to ask for confirmation that the drivers are known to not
work with this card, and ask if any known workarounds exist.  I would
also be willing to help with development however possible.

Here's how it is:  I am a computer engineering student at Purdue
University.  I haven't taken the operating systems class yet, but I have
pretty decent programing experience in C and a few years of linux
experience.  However, I have never contributed to the kernel, or any
other projects, past hacking out a few lines of code to fix the broken
ACPI with my old compaq laptop.  If there's anything I can do to assist
in development, I'm willing and eager to learn, but if holding my hand
to get me started would be more trouble than I could contribute to the
project, nevermind and I'll stick to beta testing =).

So in short, I would love to get my card working, but wether that
happens any time soon or not, I remain at your disposal =)

Carl Myers (Zetabyte in IRC)

--
Carl Myers
Rosen Center for Advanced Computing (RCAC)

(the)Terabyte / Zetabyte
AIM: daterabytez
Yahoo: daterabytez
MSN: daterabytez at msn.com

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind."

-Thomas Jefferson, Letter To James Smith, 1822

"Hell is other people."

-Jean-Paul Sartre