[Prism54-devel] Re: [Prism54-users] v2 cards.

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:08:16 -0400

--4BlIp4fARb6QCoOq

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 05:25:20PM +0200, Vanja Hrustic wrote:
> On Mon, 17 May 2004 16:50:30 -0400
> mcgrof@studorgs.rutgers.edu (Luis R. Rodriguez) wrote:
>=20
> > David,
> >=20
> > Thanks for your efforts. We are basically waiting for Conexant to get
> > back to us with specs. We haven't heard back from them in a while
> > though. I recently (no later than one week ago) e-mailed them again
> > asking for an update. Haven't heard back from them.
> >=20
> > Hopefully they'll get back to us soon.=20
> >=20
> > If we get the specs they'll be covered under an NDA. Any developer would
> > need to sign the NDA before gaining access to the specs.
>=20
> I've managed to get an answer from Conexant (basically, got an answer from
> some company to which they've outsorced 'support', I reckon), in reagards
> to programmer's manual. They've told me to call nearest Sales Office and
> talk to the Application Engineer (ufff, what an answer).
>=20
> Since 'nearest sales office' is a long distance phone call for me, I
> didn't bother trying (don't want to spend $100 because I was put on hold
> for 10 minutes).
>=20
> Maybe someone who has 'local' sales office could give it a try.

I've contacted them before but they weren't helpful. They wanted
corporate info, my background, etc. It seems its geared toward
manufacturers/resellers who have potential to buy a lot of chipsets.

Then again I think the office I contacted then told me they stopped
dealing with those documents... I forget, it was a loooong time ago...

I guess it may be worth giving it shot, but just remember that=20
ideally though we should work together as a group to get
the specs *for* the group of prism54 developers and not just for one person.

On the bright side see my next post.

	Luis