[Prism54-devel] Versioning system

Johannes Steingraeber Jo_Stein@web.de
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:18:24 +0100

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:03:21AM -0500, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> we may move from CVS to subversion. Any comments in favor/against this?

Hmm, why change a running system?

There are some advantages of subversion, but I cannot see that any of
them does apply to prism54. May be branching is easier but it's too
seldom used to give real benefit. Both way diffed traffic is not
really needed for low volume/size sources. Can diff binaries, again
not used by prism54.

Main disadvantages: depends on external libraries, data format is not
that transparent.

Personally I do like flat file storage much more as long as it is
appropriate. Frankly, I cannot see any advantage of moving to
subversion.

Johannes
--
Not using mail encoding is like always writing on postcards.
Key ID = 1024D/8014B0E9