[Prism54-devel] Re: Prism54 in 2.6.4-bk2

Margit Schubert-While margitsw@t-online.de
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:28:17 +0100

--=====================_52409681==_.ALT

Luis,
Just my opinion - I think you should take 2.6.4-bk2 version and
use it for the base version. Jeff has taken out the WDS stuff and
the wireless version ifdefs. When done, any further patches
can be autogenned and sent to Jeff.
Other people may patch the kernel driver. One of the current examples
(which the prism driver just missed) is a global change in a lot of
drivers (wireless included) changing dev->priv to netdev_priv(dev).
(See current changeset for 2.6.4)
It may well get to the stage where it is impossible to maintain a common
code for 2.4 and 2.6.
Oh and the kernel version is missing the last couple of changes
(moduleparam and skb)

Margit
--=====================_52409681==_.ALT

Just my opinion - I think you should take 2.6.4-bk2 version and<br>
use it for the base version. Jeff has taken out the WDS stuff and <br>
the wireless version ifdefs. When done, any further patches<br>
can be autogenned and sent to Jeff.<br>
Other people may patch the kernel driver. One of the current
examples<br>
(which the prism driver just missed) is a global change in a lot of<br>
drivers (wireless included) changing dev-&gt;priv to
netdev_priv(dev).<br>
(See current changeset for 2.6.4)<br>
It may well get to the stage where it is impossible to maintain a
common<br>
code for 2.4 and 2.6.<br>
Oh and the kernel version is missing the last couple of changes<br>
(moduleparam and skb)<br><br>
Margit</font></html>