[Prism54-devel] Possible prism54 softmac software

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 23 14:28:21 UTC 2004

While on  IRC, Viddy informed me that he found the following URLs:

09:15 < Viddy> you guys might like to know this: There is an 802.11g
with the thin firmware sold by a company in nz,
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40d977e1061a835c273fc0a87f990719/Product/View/XH8196
they have some source drivers on thier
webpage here:
http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.filereader?40d977e1061a835c273fc0a87f990719+EN/catalogs/SUPXH8196
with the actual 3meg source
file here:
http://www.dse.co.nz/isroot/dse/support/XH8196-linux.zip

Quick review shows this could indeed be the Softmac driver source base
that will allow us to support for Prism Xbow/Javelin chipsets. I don't necessarily
like the license and I also noticed they used pcmcia-cs again (not necessary).
Anyway, just wanted to relay the information. A lot of work ahead of us.

Please review, poke, poke, etc.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E