[Prism54-devel] prism54-usb firmware loading

Feyd feyd@seznam.cz
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:41:37 +0200

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:00:25 +0200
Helmar Spangenberg <hspangenberg@frey.de> wrote:

> I finally came to the conclusion that the problem may be related to the
> userspace/kernelspace issue. I added a "memcpy" to fetch chunks of the
> firmware into local memory of prism54u before it is sent via usb_bulk_msg.
> This seemed to help. At least, I found the complete firmware code printed out

Thanks, this really was the problem.

> in the kernel log messages; and even the LED on the dongle showed a reaction
> (at least sometimes; usually it is turned off, but once it began to blink
> like under Windows when it is seeking for an access point).

For me it blinked only when I did `ip l set eth1 down' (followed by hard
freeze of the machine, should be easy to fix).

Frame sending and receiving is rather easy to implement, but I have no
experience with 802.11 management. Does anyone know how to implement
a basic version in the driver or what to do to be able to use hostap?

Feyd