[Prism54-devel] HELP : Broadcast data fails in WPA

navaneeth navaneeth at handlink.com.tw
Wed Jul 7 08:03:29 UTC 2004

Hi All,

       I am adding WPA support to AP for my company.

I use the DOT11_OID_STAKEY for setting unicast and broadcast keys to the device.

After I set the key, I read from the device and found the values correct.

I use key ID 0 for unicast and Key ID 1 for broadcast.

I use DOT11_OID_STASC for setting and getting the sequence counters.

For broadcast the onlydiffence is that I set the keys with MAC ADDRESS FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF.

I also set broacast key ID (1) as DEFAULT KEY.

The unicast key seems to be working fine. I can to and from the AP when I connect using any wireless Client.

However getting IP for client fails (DHCP).

When I checked the reason, I found that the broadcast key is not being used at all.

When I send broadcast data also, the UNICAST Sequence Counter is increasing. The broadcast sequence counter is not increasing at all.

Can anyone please point me as to why the device is not using the broadcast key when sending broadcast packet.

However it is using the DEFAULT key Index for broadcast which is 1.

Any pointers on this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Navaneeth