[Prism54-devel] 2.6.7 patches

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Sun Jul 4 15:06:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:12:46PM +0200, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> Aurelien scribeth:
> > I've checked the changes in CVS and I disagree with the patch #5
> (removing the writes to some pci registers).
> > Those changes will have huge consequences on card/driver stability. It
> should have been debated here before.
> > Moreover windows drivers do those writes, and adding them solved a lot
> of stability issues in prism54.
>
> 1) Well, many months ago, it was talked about

I do not remember these register writes being disabled being discussed
here. This needs further investigation. I believe more people are going
to be affected by removing it than adding it, not sure though. We should
figure out exactly what is meant by "legacy" devices and see if we can
detect this on the code itself.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E