[Prism54-devel] 2.6.7 patches

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Fri Jul 2 11:12:46 UTC 2004

Aurelien scribeth:
 > I've checked the changes in CVS and I disagree with the patch #5
(removing the writes to some pci registers).
 > Those changes will have huge consequences on card/driver stability. It
should have been debated here before.
 > Moreover windows drivers do those writes, and adding them solved a lot
of stability issues in prism54.

1) Well, many months ago, it was talked about
2) We are not Windows are we ? :-) With Windows normally
  putting everything onto one IRQ, it's no wonder they disable timeout :-)
3) Funny you should mention stability. I have a VERY old lappie (one of the
  first with Cardbus) which I occasionally brush the dust off and do a quick
  check if it still likes current kernels. With this relic, I can't even
get the card initialized
  UNLESS I disable this poking. (Nope, I don't know why)
4) As documented in source, the default values for both regs is 128. If the
dev hasn't
  responded in this time, then there is something woefully wrong and should
probably provoke
  a reset.
5) If we can prove that 128 isn't sufficient, then we can set it higher
(Hmm, must check that on my relic)
6) AFAICS, no other driver/software does anything remotely resembling this.

Margit