[Prism54-devel] Re: fix for islpci_dev.h

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr@hvrlab.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:06:21 +0100

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 09:34, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> Luis, are we talking about the same thing ? (per subject line)
>
> #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,23)
> #define free_netdev(x)  kfree(x)
> #define pci_name(x)     x->slot_name
> #endif

well, what about adding those 4 lines in the README file, as a hint for
people who really want to use some non-supported (i.e. they might be on
their own if something goes wrong) kernel version, and also describe
roughly what additional backported stuff (like firmware_class) would be
required (which curiously happens to be part of the supported
versions...)?

regards,