[Prism54-devel] fix for islpci_dev.h

Marcel Holtmann marcel@holtmann.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:50:30 +0100

Hi,

> Again, fair enough.  But it does work in Mandrake 9.2 with the
> 2.4.22 kernel, whether mandrake backported a patch or whatever.
> Since most of these users aren't on 2.4.23 yet as Mandrake does not
> have rpms for that kernel, I just thought it would be helpful to
> mention it in the README that mandrake users will have to make this
> modification for it to work in Mandrake 9.2.  If you would rather
> not mention it, then so be it, I just thought it might help out.

every patch from http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/ gives you a
backport of request_firmware() for kernels down to 2.4.18. Actually
these patches are for the Bluetooth subsystem, but we need that backport
and so I made it. On the other hand the firmware_class.o kernel module
can be compiled standalone for the Mandrake kernel and if it is needed,
somebody should get this job done. This is how the Orinoco USB deals
with this for a long time now.

Regards

Marcel