[Prism54-devel] Re: New revision of SMC 2802W card, Firmware 2.4.3.0

Margit Schubert-While margitsw@t-online.de
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:56:18 +0100

Found in a mail list talking about firmware :

All three distribution options in section 3 of the version 2
of the GNU General Public License require distribution or arrangments
for distribution "machine-readable source code", and defines
"source code" as "the preferred form of the work for making
modifications to it." That seems pretty clear to me.
By the way, I believe the FSF has already said that
the GPL prohibits these binary blobs without source code, and
I am confident that they would testify or submit a friend of
the court brief to that effect if necessary (and I believe it
would be usable by the court for interpreting a contract under
"the four corners rule").

Margit