[Prism54-devel] fix for islpci_dev.h

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr@hvrlab.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:57:04 +0100

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 22:50, Dan Allen wrote:
> to build perfectly.  Is it something specific to the mdk kernel or
> do other people have to make the same change?  Perhaps it is a
> version difference related to the wireless extension?

 * kernel source tree (supported versions 2.4.23+ or 2.6.0+)

> The change instructs to add the following two lines:
>
> #define free_netdev(x) kfree(x)
> #define pci_name(x) x->slot_name

the mdk seems to be a nonstandard kernel prior to 2.4.23; I have no
intention of adding kludges just to support some older
distributor-modified kernels;

of course, I'm only one of the developers, maybe the others are more
favorable to supporting such proprietary kernels;

regards,