[Prism54-devel] Reverted Prism 2.6 patch

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:46:29 -0500 (EST)

Margit,

thanks but the reason why I didn't use this is because the way it's setup
already it works for both kernels and at first I was looking into adding
the DEFINE_WAIT macro into a header if not defined for 2.4 so we can just
use that.

I just looked if this is an option today, to say do

#ifndef DEFINE_WAIT
#define DEFINE_WAIT(name) \
wait_queue_t name = { \
        .task = current, \
        .func = autoremove_wake_function, \
        .task_list = { .next = &name.task_list, \
        .prev = &name.task_list, \
                }, \
        }
#endif
#endif

in islpci_dev.h after detecting 2.4, but there are more new API functions
and even new wait_queue_t name elements. It would be silly if we would add
all the new API code to our code so for now I will do as you suggest to
not deprive 2.6 users of new 2.6 code. I saw a patch on lkml for the new
API for 2.4 but no one replied. Oh well.

I'm adding/testing this now.

BTW, nice image!

	Luis

Adding a macro for DEFINE_WAIT might not be the best