[Prism54-devel] Not receiving EAPOL start frame form XP client in WPAPSK mode

Anjan anjan@alumnux.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:01:44 +0530

Hi
   I have tried to set up WPA PSK in my PrismGT AP with the following
options ,
       I set the MLME mode to INTERMEDIATE then
       I set the 4 default keys with key type set to TKIP.
       DOT11_OID_AUTHENABLE is set to DOT11_AUTH_OS.
       DOT11_OID_PRIVACYINVOKED is set to 1.
       DOT11_OID_EXUNENCRYPTED is also set to 1.
       DOT11_OID_DOT1XENABLE is set to 1.

   Moreover using DOT11_OID_ATTACHMENT I have attached WPA IE in all
Beacon and Probe response frames.
   The XP client with WPAPSK mode and TKIP encryption option is able to
complete initial 802.11 association. It then sends a EAPOL start frame
which is not received by the AP.
   Anyone please tell me if this setting I have mentioned above is correct.
   In addition to that WPAPSK requires a 4Way Pairwise key HS followed
by  2Way Group Key HS. Is it reqd. in PrismGT or the firmware handles it
on its own. As I am not sure of what the latest firmware can do, can
anyone who has implemented WPAPSK in PrismGT tell me exactly what steps
are reqd. for WPAPSK to work in PrsmGT.
   An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Anjan