[Prism54-devel] usb advances

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sat Dec 18 16:25:43 UTC 2004

Hi,
The results are very encouraging. Using the firmware extracted from the
Windows drivers, I managed to have the packets dumped, but I had to
comment the lines resetting the USB device ; calling usb_reset_device()
after the firmware upload never returns and causes a deadlock in the
module for some odd reason. Why should the USB be resetted ? Is it to
mimic the Windows driver's behaviour ? It seems unnecessary, at least
for my device.
The LED on my device even blinked as it does when using the official
drivers, but just once ; with the official drivers it does regularly
when you're not connected to a network. Maybe it just indicates that the
card is scanning for networks, so it can be perfectly normal as prism54u
doesn't support scanning for now.
By the way, could you add the USB IDs of my device to the "official"
source ? Vendor 0x083a, product 0x4502.
Good work, keep it up :)
Sebastien