[Prism54-devel] Netgear WG111 USB dongle

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 18 08:25:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:21:33 +0100
Jean-Baptiste Note <jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Joerg Dorchain <joerg at dorchain.net> said :
> > I found three firmware identification strings in the two .sys files.
>
> Okay, i was a bit lazy on this. Found 4 firmwares (twice the same) in
> the two sys files. Available on my website. Do you have more ?
>
> Anyway this leads to the conclusion : if they put two firmwares in one
> sys file, that's because different stick versions take different
> firmwares. That'a a problem, because maybe we'll have to track down
> firmware version vs product id (which i did not do up to now).

There are are two drivers in the linksys package, v1 contains firmware
2.4.3.7, v2 contains 2.5.2.0 and 0.2.2.0. I only have the v1 dongle, so
I don't know how the second firmware is actualy used. It could well be
the same as with the older prism chips that use primary secondary and
tertiary firmware.

Feyd