[Prism54-devel] [prism54-usb] DWL-G122 and FW 2.4.6.0 differences

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 12 10:24:32 UTC 2004

Hello Ian,

Ian Kent <raven at themaw.net> said :
> Works fine.

Good !

> I set a different channel and that showed up OK.
> I set essid and that showed ok as well.

Alas those two positive are bogus, there's nothing happening behind the
scene. In particular, frequency change does not happen.

> Any suggestions of what I should focus on?
> Perhaps, a strategy to discover more fields in the management frame?
> Or something else?

Well, I originally had something to generate frequency change packets. I
think that given the new devices, this logic should change slightly.

You may want to look into this, or maybe how the received data packets
are laid out, or (a field still virgin for me) how the *sent* data
packets are laid out (it'll be usefull at some point).

Waiting for the new pages to appear, you may want to have a look to
http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/usb_protocol_data.html

1.1.6 Unknown frame is indeed a frequency change packet. The frequency
    change sequence is really visible on the usbsnoop logs after the
    mgmt reaback, when the device scans the frequency range searching
    for available access points.

Those packets used data from the management frame, as one may have
supposed...

> btw I get user disabled messages when replying to your messages hence I'm
> sending them to the list.

Yech ! Thanks for the heads up.

--
Jean-Baptiste Note