[Prism54-devel] USB CVS snapshot

Sebastien B sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Sat Dec 11 14:03:28 UTC 2004

Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:

>i guess the net2280 vendor could sell glue code
>translating a windows PCI driver to a USB driver with practically no change.
>
>Well, this is what i'd do if i had to design such a system
>(orthogonality), and all evidences point to this in the windows driver.
>
>That's the reason why i still look to a usb device using the big
>firmware. But maybe this is a pipe-dream, who knows :)

If you're looking for a Windows driver to disassemble, I recommend you
mine (http://yoshiyo.ath.cx/seb/download/gigaset_official.tar.bz2 ; by
the way my website is back online, I had problems with France Telecom's
DSL line, sorry). Siemens seems to have been in a hurry when releasing
the driver and it contains a lot of strings (some are even the locations
of C files on the filesystem of the machine which was used to compile).