[Prism54-devel] Speed dropdowns every 10 seconds?

Andriy Korud a.korud at vector.com.pl
Thu Dec 2 10:58:31 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm testing prism-prism (AP<->STA) connection in shielded room with no
more 802.11 devices, noise and ingress.
With
  s_profile 4
  s_frameburst 1300
I was able to achieve TCP transfer rate 28 Mbit/s (netperf<->netserver),
but every 10 second (exactly) speed drops down below 10Mbit/s and
immediately returns back. Nothing serious, but this significantly
reduces average throughput :-(
Does anybody have an idea what can this be and is it possible to
eliminate this?
Also, are there other setting which improve performance in such "ideal"
environment?

Thanks in advance,

--

Andriy Korud

P.S. Sorry for Atheros chipset question, I was slightly confused :-)