[Prism54-devel] 11g clients donot associate when in AP mode with MLME level EXTENDED ...

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu Aug 5 08:40:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:15:27AM -0400, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> One quick idea: try setting config mode to auto, instead of manual run.
> The card runs in auto mode by default and back with the old driver we
> always had it in auto mode. We introduced manual run to force a static
> ssid to be stable when run as a STA, and to keep other settings saved.

Following up on this, I believe we need to fill in the blanks on
this table in order to be able to talk to the card correctly under
the different possible environments:

Case    MLME mode       Config mode     OID setting notes/restrictions
0.      AUTO            nothing (0x00)  no point in setting most oids?

1.      AUTO            MANUAL_RUN      set mode, other oids, then mode again.
					What else?

2.      EXTENDED        MANUAL_RUN      ?????

4.      EXTENDED        nothing (0x00)  ?????

The card currently runs under the environment exemplified under case 1.
One small detail we just learned recently from the result of Margit's
experiments are that under firmware version <= 1.0.3.0.arm we should not
set power or we'll get a mgt timeout. Oh yeah, and maybe there are even
more restrictions per firmware release -- the joy...

Question marks appear where we need to do more research / work on.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E