[Prism54-devel] handle mgmt timeouts by resetting hardware

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Aug 4 17:50:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:28:13PM +0300, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2004 04:04, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > 2. This patch should be re-done since, should it be accepted, we have to
> > send it to netdev and policy is to split patches up into separate concrete
> > pieces of work. i.e:
> >
> > 	patch 1: printk changes
> > 	patch 2: space changes
> > 	patch 3: remove NULL setting
> > 	patch 4: timer work
>
> Will do it.
>
> > 	etc
> >
> > I realize this is a pain in the ass. It is, but it's kernel policy.

Great, feel free to send them yourself to netdev once reviewed again
over here. Then IMHO they should be reviewed by netdev crew before we even
apply to CVS.

I guess you're right about having to deal with the timeout. I'll have to
test the code too to see if reseting prevents further mgt timeouts in
extended mode with my wpa work. I have a feeling it's just going to
start the device and the mgt timeouts will keep occuring.

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E