[Prism54-devel] handle mgmt timeouts by resetting hardware

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Wed Aug 4 08:34:49 UTC 2004

Could you change your coding style ?
eg :
if(rate_enum<0) return rate_enum;

Please a space after the the "if" and put the command(s) on a seperate
line.
Also, I don't agree with another source file (setrate.c).
If it has to be done this way, then setrate.h :-)
However, why not roll it into one of the *mgt.h files ?

Actually, there is something else wrong.
I'll try to be brief.
By accident, I discovered I could trigger the "NETDEV WATCHDOG"
on one of my lappies due to :
a) a slightly misconfigured kernel   :-)
and
b) Prism54 sharing an IRQ with the X vga driver (and usb)

On a restart of X, I got :
--------------------------------
irq 11: nobody cared!
Disabling IRQ #11
--------------------------------
and eventually :
-------------------------------
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
-------------------------------

The watchdog kicks and prism54 tries a reset
(which, of course, will never succeed)
(Q, How can we pick up the fact that the IRQ is disabled?)

Fine, I thought, nice way to check paths that don't usually get run.
I put in Denis's fixes and after the "Disabling IRQ" message,
the box was hard locked.
Not sure what is going on here, as the circumstances are not completely valid.
(The kernel thinks it's operating with AGP, the vga driver doesn't think it
can operate
  with AGP and has dropped into PCI mode).
However, interesting.

Margit