[Prism54-devel] handle mgmt timeouts by resetting hardware

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Tue Aug 3 12:22:44 UTC 2004

Mike scribeth :
 > I get a panic with my WG511 when I insert the card ..

Not surprising -

Denis scribeth :
 > * Superfluous NULLs killed. Not needed since islpci_mgt_transaction()
 > sets response to NULL as a first step.

Not true !!
Synopsis:
islpci_mgt_transaction is only called if the card is ready in
mgt_get_request. In Mike's case, the card is not ready.
With (cache) as true, (therefore ret = 0), we later do :
         if (response && !ret)
                 islpci_mgt_release(response);

Boom. (kfree on whatever happens to be on the stack).

Fixes are bogus - revert.

Margit