[Prism54-devel] Handle Association in MLME mode EXTENDED

anjan anjan at alumnux.com
Sun Aug 1 12:34:26 UTC 2004

Hi,
   Is the firmware capable of handling association in MLME_MODE_EXTENDED
correctly. I found that when I run the card in AP mode with mlme level
set to EXTENDED, wireless clients like Buffalo(WLI-CB-G54A), Linksys
Wireless-G Notebook Adapter, and Intersil 802.11 b/g 54Mbps could not
associate to my AP with their respective client utilities. However,
using Wireless Zero configuration from WinXP, the client cards are able
to associate to my AP, but the time taken to associate is longer than in
mlme mode AUTO. I feel, the association state machine of the client
cards are getting out of sync with that of the AP association state
machine. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  I need to run the card in mlme level EXTENDED and handle association
in the level similar to mlme auto level. Also WPA requires the card be
run in EXTENDED mode, for in AUTO mode the RSNIE attachment will not
show up in BEACON/PROBE RESPONSE frames.

- Regards
Anjan