[Prism54-devel] ISL 3893 and initialization

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe@paniq.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:23:12 +0200

--=-BCYpRl91BEqLiIGB1Ov3

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 18:41, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Hi Fabian, hello list.
>=20
> After issuing "ifconfig eth1 up" i was able to set the OIDs, thank you.

Incidentally, another thread on this list has covered the subject.
Though you may not be able to use the most current driver in your
project, it may be reassuring to know that this is a known issue.

> Right now i'm making ok progress towards having a working AccessPoint.
> Does anyone have experience with the netlink interface to the driver?
>=20
> AFAICT i need to write a daemon listening on the netlink interface for
> authenticating clients at the AP.
[...]
> Does anyone have source code available for such things (maybe the hostap
> project has a similar interface, does anyone know?)

I have collected the following links:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Tools.html
http://the.earth.li/~martin/sisela/
http://www.wohnheim.uni-mainz.de/~rw/802.1x/
http://hostap.epitest.fi/

Some of the information found there could be of use for you. As you
already mentioned the hostap project, I think that may be the currently
most complete piece of software to accomplish what you're trying to do
-- if the driver is compatible with your hardware or you can pick out
the pieces you need and stitch them together into something usable.

There's something called hostapd which is described as a "User space
daemon for extended IEEE 802.11 management". I'm not sure if you need
it, though. Many things can be accomplished by using bridging and
iptables, although you can't implement things like power saving mode
signaling with it...

Hope you find something useful!

--=20
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>