[Prism54-devel] Enabling WPA on Prism-GT

Rafiq Shaikh rafiq.shaikh@analog.com
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:09:56 -0800

--------------070905030902060708010400

Hi Aurelien,

I did not set the key for this operation.
I don't think the key is required to send WPA IE inside of Beacon frames.
My understanding is that once the attachment operation succeeds the new
element
should show up in the outgoing Beacon frames.

Regards,
-Rafiq.

Aurelien wrote:

>Hi,
>Did you try to set the type field to DOT11_PRIV_TKIP in the used key ?
>
>...And justice for all
>
>On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:40:37 -0800
>Rafiq Shaikh <rafiq.shaikh@analog.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I understand that there is a RID FC28  Flag to enable WPA on  ISL3842
>>(802.11b).
>>Is there a similar OID available to enable WPA on Prism-GT?
>>
>>On Prism-GT to enable WPA  I set MLME to EXTENDED, attach WPA IE.
>>The attachment of WPA IE succeeded but the new element does not show up
>>in the
>>out going Beacons or Probe Responses.
>>Any suggestions why this is happening?
>>
>>Regards,
>>-Rafiq.

--------------070905030902060708010400

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Aurelien,<br>
I did not set the key for this operation.<br>
I don't think the key is required to send WPA IE inside of Beacon
frames.<br>
My understanding is that once the attachment operation succeeds the new
element<br>
should show up in the outgoing Beacon frames.<br>
Regards,<br>
-Rafiq.<br>
Aurelien wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Hi,