[Prism54-devel] implementation of sub-ioctls

Aurelien slts@free.fr
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:12:15 +0100

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 01:13:51 -0800 (PST)
Aquila <aquilaver@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Aurelien,
>
> Far be it from me to criticise but I believe the
> Beaconperiod OID does work. At least it works on my
> system.
>
> I get the value of the beaconperiod OID (which is 64)
> and I see the beacon interval on the sniffer as 0.1024
> seconds.
>
> I set the OID (0x11000001) with a value of 100 and
> because it's a latched object (as the manual clearly
> indicates), I set the SSID after that.
>
> I can now do a get of the beaconperiod OID and the
> value reads back as 100, and on the sniffer I see that
> the beacon interval is now 0.262144 seconds.
>
> So I'd have to disagree and say that it does work
> properly.

Actually it doesn't work properly. When the oid is latched, iwconfig must know it, in order to automatically call the commit ioctl. That's modified in the cvs. Thanks for your note.

Regards,

...And justice for all