[Prism54-devel] implementation of sub-ioctls

Aquila aquilaver@yahoo.com
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 01:13:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi Aurelien,

Far be it from me to criticise but I believe the
Beaconperiod OID does work. At least it works on my
system.

I get the value of the beaconperiod OID (which is 64)
and I see the beacon interval on the sniffer as 0.1024
seconds.

I set the OID (0x11000001) with a value of 100 and
because it's a latched object (as the manual clearly
indicates), I set the SSID after that.

I can now do a get of the beaconperiod OID and the
value reads back as 100, and on the sniffer I see that
the beacon interval is now 0.262144 seconds.

So I'd have to disagree and say that it does work
properly.

That might be a bit out of context with the subject
but I thought I'd just say that it does work on my
system.

As for the sub-ioctls, I agree with Aurelien that 32
private IOCTLs should be enough for a simple user
case. Just bare in mind that there are developers that
are using this driver in embedded systems and they
will need more. I can't imagine why they would use the
wireless tools on an embedded platform but hey it's
just a though.

Regards,