[Prism54-users] smc2862w-g

Maximilian Engelhardt maxi at daemonizer.de
Tue May 24 14:25:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 00:41 +0100, Owain Ainsworth/-0-/cybernetic
seraphim wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been using ndiswrapper for about 6months on my (Prism GT iirc, but
> it may be another prism chipset) smc2862w-g usb wifi adaptor.
>
> However, I'd rather use native support, but i've found a general lack of
> info on the web about whether it's supported, or the condition of the
> prism54 usb drivers. The closest i got was a forum post from someone
> saying it was workign for them on a beta driver.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether it does in fact work now? or if it's still
> sketchy at best? I had a look on the website but with little avail
> unfortunately.

For prism USB devices (and also the new softmac PCI) a driver is
currently under development, but I would call it more alpha that beta
(officially it hasn't any status). If you're interested in development
you can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use, therefor
ndiswrapper is ATM the better choice. You can find everything about the
development here:
http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/

Maxi