[Prism54-users] SMC2835w v3 installation Problem

Carles Segui csegui at salleURL.edu
Fri Mar 11 18:24:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm working with a SMC2835w v3 PCMCIA card under linux with kernel version
2.6.8. and I'm having problems installing the PCMCIA card with prism54
firmware.

I have downloaded the prism54 firmware and copied in
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware directory renamed as isl3890. Then, when I'm
trying to activate the card, I get this message:

Eth2: device soft reset timed out

Eth2: time out waiting for mgmt response

Eth2: time out waiting for mgmt response

Eth2: time out waiting for mgmt response

Eth2: time out waiting for mgmt response

Eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full

Eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full

Eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full

Eth2: mgmt tx queue is still full