[Prism54-users] Prism54 hostapd problem

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 21 07:07:10 UTC 2005

I've gotten hostapd running against the prism54 driver,
using the Debian package of hostapd, and the latest SVN
prism54 driver.

However, kismet on another machine only shows network probes
being sent by the prism54 card. Even when I attempt to associate
with wpa_supplicant from another prism54 card, I just get twice
as many network probes floating about, and the wpa_supplicant
tells me it couldn't find any BSS.

Is this likely to be a driver problem? I've also tried the
jbnote-2005-06-06 patch from prism54-devel, which seems to have
stopped this killing my machine, but didn't actually fix the
hostapd problem.

I'm happy to do more mucking about (strace and the like) but I'm
just not sure if this is something the driver's not reporting to
hostapd (hostapd shows no sign of having gotten the probe, but I
don't know if I expect it to) or if it's a problem in hostapd
itself.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.