[Prism54-users] WPA-PSK for prism54+hostapd

Erich Yen eyen at otcwireless.com
Mon Jan 31 19:48:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

Does anybody have experience to make WPA work for PRISM54 driver + hostapd?

I am using Z-com XG-600 GT miniPCI card.
The Linux kernel is 2.4.26.
I also download prism54 driver "prism54-cvs-latest.tar.bz2" and
hostapd "hostapd-0.3.5.tar.gz".  The prism54 driver is working as module.

After Linux system bootup, I install the prism54 driver module "prism54.o".
The driver seems to be inserted OK and got message "isl_ap: create eth0ap".
Then, I run the hostapd with /etc/hostapd.conf and setup "interface=eth0".
I got the following message"
    "ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device"
    "prism54 driver initialization failed."
    "rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory"

I only have a wireless miniPCI card on system and there is no ethernet.
>From the error message, it seems that the initialization can not find
device "eth0".

So, anybody have idea about this problem.

Erich Yen