[Prism54-users] setting my card in 802.11b only mode

Jaap jaap at squat.net
Fri Jan 28 07:58:36 UTC 2005

Stroller (Linux.Luser at myrealbox.com) wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2005, at 9:26 pm, Jaap wrote:
> >
> >I have a prism54 card that i want to set in 802.11b mode to be
> >compatible with the rest of the (ad-hoc) network.
> >
> >Can anybody tell me what the iwpriv/iwconfig command for this is?
>
> I'm not sure why you're trying to do this - surely the card should
> down-grade to 802.11b automatically? But from `man iwconfig` [1]  the
> command
>   $ iwconfig eth0 rate 11M
> should do it.
>
> Stroller

That's what i thought, but:
pebble:~# iwconfig eth2 rate 11M
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
SET failed on device eth2 ; Input/output error.
pebble:~#

my iwconfig version:
pebble:~# iwconfig -v
iwconfig  Wireless-Tools version 27
          Compatible with Wireless Extension v11 to v17.

Kernel    Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v17.

ath0      Recommend Wireless Extension v13 or later,
          Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v17.

eth2      Recommend Wireless Extension v16 or later,
          Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v17.

eth3      Recommend Wireless Extension v16 or later,
          Currently compiled with Wireless Extension v17.

pebble:~#

Any ideas?

Jaap