[Prism54-users] Conexant cards -- Mostly softmac now

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Jan 26 21:14:17 UTC 2005

Due to the MANY problems MANY people are having I've updated the
supported_cards page with the following disclaimer:

We have a problem. Manufacturers started buying the SoftMAC chipsets,
which are not yet supported and may never be, as drop-in-replacements
for the FullMAC chipsets without changing PCI IDs and apparantly
sometimes not changing even the FCC ID. That said, you are better
off first testing a card before buying it. If you can't test a card
and want linux support, I can recommend you just not buy a prism
802.11g based chipset for now.

So now what? Well we have the centrinos and ralink. More to come soon

RAlink:
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Anyone know if the specs are open for the ralinks?

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E