[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511

Felix Joussein felix at joussein.com
Mon Aug 15 12:27:57 UTC 2005

Hello list,

I'm having some troubles with the Netgear WG511 v1 Intersil/Prism GT
based chipset.

I was able to succesfully upload the firmware with hotplug and the
driver seams to work properly - iwconfig is able to configure the
wireless extensions and ifconfig sets IP config - so far - so good!

On my "Server" I also have a netgear card but atheros based and works
properly with the madwifi driver - as also does the wirless card in my
IBM t41p.

My IBM Notebook comunicates perfectly with the Server.
The Server Card is set to mode=master and the Notebook is mode=managed.
On both machines, a web key is used.

My particular problem is, that the Netgear Card, which I want to use in
an other Notebook refuses to comunicate with my Accespoint (The Server).

iwlist eth1 scanning shows me all accespoints available and I can easely
set all wireless extensions to the card, as neded.
iwlist eth1 ap tells me "eth1	There are no Peers/Accespoints for this
card"

Can anybody help me in that case?
Might it be, that madwifi and prism54 drivers are incompartible?

I have already installed WindowsXP + Netgear Propretery drivers - and I
was able establish a connection to the server and notebook... so the
card itselve should be OK - as to eliminate this issue I have a second
card - same type - which doesn' work also.

Thank you in advanced for your help,

Regards,
Felix Joussein