[Prism54-users] ack & cts timeout and slottime for log distance links in prism54 driver

Ivan ivtoman at inet.hr
Sun Apr 3 16:44:02 UTC 2005

Hello!

In madwifi driver for atheros based cards, there is possibility to
change ack and cts timeout values, and slottime, according to distance
between transmitter and receiver. They recommend to adjust these values
for every link longer than 300 meters. I have a link of 2 kilometers,
and big trouble with performance with Intersil Frisbee card (in same
setup, acx100 based card works excellent, giving 500kB/s throughput and
very stable ping reply od about 2ms, but this is only b standard). Now
with Intersil Frisbee card ping is not stable, and speed.. shame to say
:-( Yes, at 1M bitrate.. for comparision, acx100 runs on 11M without any
problem.

Now, I wish to try some tweaking, to make link better if possible. First
thing, I would like to try adjust ack & cts timeouts, if that is
supported with this driver. Can someone put some light on these please?
If that doesn't help, then I would like to try do more troubleshooting
with your help, but first I would like to adjust these values if possible.

Thanks a lot,

Ivan Toman

Croatia