[Prism54-users] Re: SMC2835w v3 installation Problem

Sven Köhler skoehler at upb.de
Sat Apr 2 14:23:52 UTC 2005

> this card is a newmac one, v2 and v1 would work with the old
> prism54-driver. you have to wait a while for a driver supporting this
> card, in the meantime you can use ndiswrapper which is known to work. It
> shouldn't take too long for a driver supporting it so watch the ml and
> have a bit of time ;)

it shouldn't take too long? I'm curious how far the development for
softmac-cards is. I also hearded, that Conexant is (or will)
"ofiicially" supporting this project.

When can we expect softmac support? 1 month, 2 month? half a year? And
will conexant really support the prism54-project?

I don't want to push for softmac support, but i don't understand the
several hints on the devel-list, and just want to askm, what we can
expect in worse/best-case.

Thx
  Sven