[Prism54-users] EAP-TLS now possible as WPA support integrated?

Robert Penz robert.penz at outertech.com
Wed Sep 22 14:16:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

I want to use my prism54 card as access point with EAP-TLS. I know how to do
it with hostap. But I didn't found any info how to do it with the prism54
card.

Its basically WPA (which is now supported I read), but the authentication is
handled via hostapd and than freeradius. So the encryption is WPA but not the
authentication. Authentication works via IEEE 802.1x and EAP and EAP-TLS is
the authentication method I would like to use. other methods would be EAP-MD5
or EAP-SIM.

 On the WPA site is just an dynamic WEP-key set by EAP-TLS.

 so in short: I'm missing something like hostapd. Or can I used that also with
prism54 as I read that most WPA code came from hostap.

--
Regards,
Robert