[Prism54-users] WG511: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Wed Sep 22 09:59:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Benoit Panizzon wrote:

> One is 'made in china' and the others are 'made in taiwan'.
> Printed below the serial number on the card itself.
>
> Both seam to use the same PCI ID.
> The Taiwan one is reported to work with the prism54 drivers.
> The China one is reported not to work.
>
> Can somebody confirm this?
>
> -Benoit-

Interesting, but I have a Taiwan WG511 which didnt work - same errors
as reported by yourself.

This was with a laptop with a Ricoh cardbus controller. I've yet to
try it with a different laptop to see whether it's actually a cardbus
controller issue.

regardsm
Fortune:
How many surrealists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One to hold the giraffe and one to fill the bathtub with brightly colored
power tools.